Monday, July 2, 2007

Hot July Days


Hey!!! I finished June's journal page. I chose yellow, red and blue beads and stones to symbolize the month I was having. I started this in the middle of the month so I had a pretty good idea how June was turning out. Its been kind of chaotic but also restful. I found the yellow stone at a rock and mineral show and had to have it! Its called Cancrinite and found only in Russia. The man who sold it to me was Russian so I figured he know what he was talking about. The blue stone was given to me by my mother. She got it in Peru from someone who told her it was lapis. I think it is dyed howlite but I won't tell her that.


I am meditating about what I want to do for July. I don't think I will wait until the middle of the month to start this one.

12 comments:

Robin said...

This is wonderful!!! I really like the colors and the beautiful (and significant) stones you've used. How big is it? Are you going to post a link to your blog on the BJP blog? I think a number of participants would like to see it.

CC said...

I really like this! When my dad died, he had a bunch of rocks & stones, but they are buried under alot of boxes in my stepmom's workshop in WA state. So I don't think I'll get to work with any of his for a long while! Maybe I can find some others here that would represent our rockhounding days!
I think your piece really expresses alot! Blessings, CC

s said...

This is amazing, both this piece and the other two pieces. The colors just blew me away, they are so vibrant.
I am glad you told what the stone was. I just finished a free form necklace using a piece of that and couldn't find out what it was, but when I saw your piece I knew it was the same thing.
I will be adding your blog to my list of blogs to follow, your work is so stunning.
Sunni

Lois2037 said...

What lively, juicy colors! This is really beautiful!

Timaree said...

Very nice. You used some of my favorite colors. It's a bright, here-I-am page; a good way to start a year-long journal!

Lillian said...

I love colors also Margo! :o) It's beautiful and just "grabbed" me :o) Thanks for explaining about the rocks/gems. Lillian in WA

Artifax said...

What fantastic color! It just energizes you looking at it!

KV said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!


Kathy V in NM

GraceBeading said...

Beautiful vibrant colors, what a treat to the eyes!

Judi D said...

It reminds me of Mexico, so vibrant, warm and cheerful.

Farrar Richardson said...

What a generous idea to share your beautiful work with us. Assuming there is a progression in your work, it looks like you are becoming more liberated as well as more grounded.

Farrar

flyingbeader said...

MARGO...is this you? This is Scottie Dog Dot!!!!!!! I'm speediebeadie.

Still in Worthington. Just started teaching at Byzantium. Well...well...well..........